How to delete your Snapchat account easily? Whether you want to create a new Snapchat account or stop using the app altogether, you must understand how to delete your Snapchat account. Deleting a social network account can be difficult because you never know when you might want to open it again. However, as TikTok and Instagram slowly take over everyone’s feed, it might be time to say goodbye to the friendly yellow Snapchat.
Fortunately, Snapchat lets you restore your account within 30 days of deletion if you change your mind. The account needs to be deactivated before it can be completely removed, so you’ll need to download your data first. All your Snapchat-related stuff, including Snaps, chats, stories, friends, settings, and general data, will be safe when you download your data.
After you have downloaded all your valuable content, you are all set to remove your Snapchat account. If you want to permanently delete your Snapchat account on iOS, keep scrolling. And if you want to delete it from an Android or web browser, go to the bottom of this tutorial.
How to Delete or Deactivate Your Snapchat Account
With your data safely backed up, let’s discuss removing Snapchat. It is important to note that when you delete your account, it will only be temporarily disabled, you can reactivate it by logging in within 30 days. If you don’t log back in after 30 days, your Snapchat account will disappear forever.
How to Stop Using or Remove Snapchat App on iPhone or Android Device? Don’t worry. Follow the steps below and easily delete your Snapchat account.
1. Open the Snapchat app from your smartphone. To access settings and open your Snapchat profile, tap the profile symbol at the top of the screen.
2. In the Account Actions area, scroll down and select Delete Account.
3. After entering your password and username, click on the Continue button. You will be notified that your Snapchat account is in a deactivation period.
4. Return to the Snapchat login screen, type your password and username one more time, and then select Continue. You’ll be reminded with an Account Deactivated popup window that your Snapchat account is in its 30-day deactivation period, and if you don’t log back in within that period, Snapchat will delete your account. Make sure the account is closed by checking in after 30 days for more phone security.
How to Download Snapchat Backup Data
It is very important to download your Snapchat backup before deleting your Snapchat account. Take the actions below to download Snapchat data straight to your phone from the app.
1. Take your phone and launch the app, then tap the Bitmoji for your Snapchat profile in the top left corner of the screen.
2. Now tap the gear icon in the top-right corner of your screen to access the Settings option.
3. Then select My Data by swiping down to Privacy Controls.
4. Snapchat will present a summary of the information it can send you. In the lower-right corner of the screen, click the Next button after selecting or deselecting the desired data.
5. After providing your email address, select a range of dates for the data you want to download. In the lower-right corner of the screen, select the Submit button.
6. Snapchat will send you a link via email to download a ZIP file containing your data. Click the links under the Click Here option after opening the email.
7. After that, you’ll need to use a mobile web browser to access your Snapchat account.
8. After you log in, select the View Exports option.
9. To save the ZIP file containing your Snapchat data, click the Download button. Your mobile device will store all of it. Open the email on a desktop or laptop computer and save it there if you don’t have enough space on your phone.
Finally, we hope you can easily delete your Snapchat account with the help of this post. If you want to reactivate the account then you have to log in within 30 days to fully restore everything. Because after deactivating the account, you cannot change it. So be careful to keep it safe in case you need to reactivate it.