How to Delete Messages on Facebook Messenger Easily? You can easily delete messages on your Facebook Messenger. The procedure is very simple. This article provides instructions for deleting messages from Messenger using the Facebook website and the Messenger app. This is a crucial topic for messenger users. Because sometimes we need to delete some chat messages. So this article is going to be very important for you if you want to delete your messages on your messengers.
How to Delete Messages on Facebook Messenger
Messenger retains all messages in the inbox until you choose to delete them. You have the option to delete individual chat messages or entire conversations in order to tidy up your inbox. The steps below explain how to delete messages on facebook.com.
1. Click on the Messenger button located in the top right corner of the Facebook home page.
2. Then select the See All in Messenger button at the bottom of the Messenger window.
3. To delete an individual chat message, select a chat from the left column to open it in the center chat window. Then, hover your cursor over the message you wish to delete. Now three vertical dot options will appear.
4. Click on the three vertical dots (More), followed by the Remove button.
5. Confirm the deletion by selecting the Remove option from the popup box.
6. Note that the message will only disappear from your account, but others in the chat can still see it.
7. To delete an entire conversation, hover your cursor over any chat in the left column and select the three horizontal dots that appear.
8. Choose the Delete Chat option from the dropdown list.
9. Alternatively, you can select the Archive Chat option to remove it from your chats in the left column. To view hidden chats, click on the three horizontal dots at the top of the column, then select the Archived Chats option.
10. Confirm the deletion by selecting the Delete Chat option from the popup box.
How to Delete Messages on the Facebook Messenger App
The following steps explain how to delete messages on the Messenger app for iOS or Android. Although the instructions apply to both app versions, the screenshots included here are from the iOS app.
1. To delete an individual chat message, tap the conversation to open the chat, then press and hold your finger on the individual message.
2. Click the Remove button located at the bottom of the screen.
3. Confirm the deletion by tapping the Remove for You option.
4. It’s important to note that any message you remove will only disappear from your Messenger account; it will still be visible to other participants in the chat. However, you can choose to “Unsend” any message you’ve sent, regardless of when it was sent, to remove it from others’ inboxes.
5. To delete an entire conversation on Messenger for Android, press and hold your finger on a conversation, then tap the Delete button.
6. To delete an entire conversation on Messenger for iOS, swipe left on a conversation, click the More option, then tap Delete.
7. If you’re using Messenger for iOS or Android, you also have the option to select Archive if you don’t want to permanently delete the conversation.
8. Confirm the deletion by tapping the Delete option.
Please note that there is currently no way to select multiple conversations for bulk deletion on Facebook on the website or in the app. However, a third-party Chrome extension called Fast Delete Messages may also provide a workaround for this limitation.