How to Block a Page on Facebook Easily? Sometimes we want to block some pages on Facebook. Because many pages which we join are not need anymore. This is a very simple procedure to block any page. In this article, we provide you guidance on how to block a Facebook page using either a web browser or the Facebook mobile app. So read the article carefully and do your job easily.
How to Block a Page on Facebook on a Desktop or Mobile App
Facebook provides a convenient feature to block unwanted pages effortlessly. Simply possessing the page’s name is all that is necessary to disengage from any undesired interactions. To block a Facebook page or app using a web browser, follow these steps:
1. Visit Facebook.com on your browser and click on your profile picture located in the upper-right corner. Then select the Settings & Privacy button.
2. In the drop-down menu, click on the Settings option.
3. On the menu, click on the Privacy button.
4. To adjust your privacy settings and prevent others from finding your Facebook profile, click on Privacy.
5. Scroll down to the “Block apps” section and start typing the name of the app you wish to block. Once it appears in the drop-down menu, select it.
6. Under the Block Pages, type the name of the page you want to block and select it from the drop-down menu.
7. Please note that event pages or group pages cannot be blocked through Facebook settings. This feature is only applicable to company or organization pages.
8. To unblock a page, revisit your Blocking settings and select the Unblock option next to the page.
If you simply wish to hide someone’s updates from appearing on your news feed, you can either snooze or unfollow them on Facebook. Any changes you make to your settings will be reflected on the Facebook mobile app as well.
How to Block a Page in the Facebook Mobile App
Please be aware that organizations or apps cannot be blocked on the Facebook mobile app. However, you can block individuals. To block a page using the Facebook mobile app:
1. Go to the profile of the person you want to block and tap the three dots located below their name.
2. Tap on “Block” and then confirm this action by tapping “Block” again.
When you block a Facebook app, person, or organization profile, you will no longer receive updates from them on your timeline. They will also be excluded from your searches. Blocking a company’s profile on Facebook can be useful if you no longer wish to see advertisements from them or if you are constantly receiving updates from a previous employer. Blocking Facebook apps can also assist you in overcoming addiction to a game or service.
Block Facebook Group and Event Pages
Please note that blocking Facebook groups and event pages requires some additional steps. You can block web pages by using your web browser or by employing parental control software. However, it is important to recognize that event and group updates may still appear on your timeline. If you wish to entirely avoid these updates, you will need to leave the group or remove yourself from the event from your group.